£ 50000.00 per annum | Main Address - Permanent
London, England, United Kingdom ·
Who are we?
Tiger-IT's client is a market leader in the online gambling space.
Tell Me More!
The Web Engineer will deliver their Development strategy through having ownership of the systems architecture and development, following the departments methodology, and drive outstanding results across all engines, following company and department objectives and priorities.
You will work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment within a team of highly skilled people, all with opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve Tiger-IT's clients work.
- Create visually rich and high performant websites;
- Assisting in the design and build of products to meet the business expectations;
- Work alongside designers, UX professionals and testers to optimise user journeys;
- Apply best engineering practices with other team members, and maintain code quality across applications;
- Promote usability of best practices, encouraging a continuous improvement culture;
- Anticipate requirements, and build software in a flexible, scalable way;
- With the support of technical lead, take responsibility from own task from conception to completion;
- Keep to the processes, standards and designs that your team has agreed to;
- Collaborate with other product development teams and use their feedback as a basis for improvement;
- Write technically sound, clean, maintainable code - with practical application of established patterns and practices;
- Write software following OOP best practices;
- Write software following the Design Patterns that best fit for a problem given;
- Write software following the SOLID principles;
- Write Unit tests following TDD;
- Write Integration tests following BDD;
- Take responsibility for own tasks from conception to completion.
- Awareness of accessibility issues and how to address them in UI development;
- Have a passion and eye for good web design;
- Proven ability to write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment using design patterns, SOLID and OO principles;
- Proven experience of building, automating and deploying software to production;
- A practical problem-solver, who explores both innovative and pragmatic solutions depending on the challenge;
- Ability to find creative solutions and implement them in a fast pace work environment;
- Technical analysis experience translating business requirements into functionality.
- Ability to work as part of a team (but take individual ownership and responsibility);
- Excellent written communication skills (articulate, friendly and polite);
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrate a calm manner and an ability to handle difficult situations;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines;
- Gaming related industry knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Experience of building websites using best practice techniques such as mobile-first, responsive design, progressive enhancement;
- Experience of graphic rendering using the HTML5 Canvas API;
- Knowledge of HTML 5, CSS3, Canvas, SVG and web standards;
- Knowledge of cross browser compatibility;
- Understanding of REST APIs;
- Experience with Test frameworks and tools (Karma, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Protractor, Gherkin, Selenium etc).
- Degree or equivalent qualification desirable (ideally in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a similar discipline);
- Excellent background on Agile methodologies (Scrum, eXtreme Programing, Kanban, Lean);
- Excellent background of Agile practices (TDD, BDD, Coding Standards, Peer Review, Collective Ownership, Whole Team, Frequent Release, Continuous Integration);
- Strong knowledge regarding Object Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis;
- Understanding of SOLID principles;
- Passionate about quality code;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to interact professionally with a diverse group of people;
- Experience implementing scalable software systems and platforms;
- Experience with software optimisation;
- Expert knowledge in building long living products;
- Exceptional problem solving skills;
- Ensuring the compliance of responsible gaming protocols;
- Valid working Visa.
It's not all about the work!
They are dedicated to not only finding the best people to work for them, but once you are there they want to make sure you stay.
Along with a competitive salary package they also offer on completion of probation:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
They also have great stuff like free fruit, a very busy Nespresso Coffee Machine, regular company social events, an arcade room and a great team of people to work with.
If you think you have the skill set and passion to join them please apply below.